The likes of Bieber, Coldplay, and Take That will join the singer as 2 milllion pounds is expected to be raised
Cai Trefor
17:10 30th May 2017

Following the suicide bomb at her concert in Manchester Arena that killed 22 people and left 17 people in critical care, Ariana Grande has made a strong gesture of solidarity to those affected by announcing a headline benefit concert named One Love Manchester happening this Sunday (4 June)

The gig, held nearly two weeks after the attack, features the biggest names in music. Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams, Take That, One Direction star Niall Horan and R&B star Usher are all confirmed to join Ariana Grande at the impressive venue in the heart of Manchester. All acts have previously headlined the Manchester Arena and have an aqute sense of compassion towards the tragedy and will play a couple of songs each, with some playing more or less than others.

Anyone who attended the Ariana Grande concert at Manchester, naturally, is entitled to a free ticket if the register here. It must be completed by 4pm on Wednesday 31 May..

Meanwhile, others wanting to go can buy a ticket from 10 am on Thursday 1 June. The net profit goes towards the One Love Manchester Charity that has already raised an impressive £6 million for the friends and families affected by the unfathomable impact that the tragedy has caused. This concert, which will be filmed live for the BBC is expected to raise a massive £2 million. The venue holds 50,000 people and will be a monumental, emotional affair.

Police have consulted with the families of the victims about Grande returning to Manchester, and Chief constable of Greater Manchester police, Ian Hopkins said the majority were “very much in favour”. “There are some that clearly aren’t,” he added. “That is absolutely understandable.”

Elsewhere, a raffle and acoustic gig is being held tomorrow (31 May) in Manchester at the indie venue Jimmy's to raise money for families affected by the Manchester Attack. The likes of Kasabian, Isle Of Wight, and The Specials have donated special prizes.

Ariana Grande said, in an open letter posted on her social media accounts:

“My heart, prayers and condolences are with the victims of the Manchester Attack and their loved ones. There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain you are feeling or to make this better. However, I extend my hand and heart and everything I possibly can give to you and yours, should you want or need my help in any way.”

She continued: “We will not quit or operate in fear. We won’t let this divide us. We won’t let hate win… Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before.”

“Music is meant to heal us, to bring us together, to make us happy. So that is what it will continue to do for us. We will continue to honour the ones we lost, their loved ones, my fans and all affected by this tragedy. They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life.”