Coldplay, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Florence And The Machine were the biggest selling rock acts of 2011, it has been revealed.
According to figures from The Official Charts Company, Coldplay topped the sales for selling the biggest rock single of 2011 with 'Paradise', which sold over 410,000 copies.
The biggest selling rock album of 2011 also came from Coldplay, with their fifth effort 'Mylo Xyloto', which sold over 900,000 copies despite only being released in October.
Noel Gallagher's debut album charted second in the album figures with sales just under 500,000.
Florence And The Machine, Foo Fighters and Mumford and Sons rounded off the top-five.
Elbow were sixth with 'Build A Rocket Boys! Kasabian seventh, Snow Patrol in eighth place and Arctic Monkeys' 'Suck It And See' is at ten.
The same figures yesterday (January 16) also revealed that Pop albums outsold rock albums for the first time in seven years in 2011.
The Top 10 selling rock singles of 2011:
1. Coldplay - Paradise (410,000)
2. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (264,000)
3. Birdy - Skinny Love (259,000)
4. Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (247,000)
5. Noah & The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. (242,000)
6. James Morrison - I Won't Let You Go (228,000)
7. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (225,000)
8. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (128,000)
9. Florence And The Machine - Shake It Out (127,000)
10. The Calling - Wherever You Will Go (125,000)
The Top 10 selling rock albums of 2011 were as follows:
1. Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (908,000)
2. Noel Gallagher - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (492,000)
3. Florence & The Machine - Ceremonials (384,000)
4. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (380,000)
5. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (373,000)
6. Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys (327,000)
7. Kasabian - Velociraptor (279,000)
8. Snow Patrol - Fallen Empires (269,000)
9. Noah & The Whale - Last Night On Earth (261,000)
10. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See (223,000)
Coldplay - live
Jermaine says there's a gap in the market
Frontman says show's audience can't be ignored
Rapper and son Jaden perform together
Oasis star says Beckham could also go into management
Harris takes home the Songwriter of the Year award
Kasabian, Jake Bugg and more none-directioners