Elton John is said to be recovering well after surgery to remove his appendix, with his publicist confirming details this weekend (Saturday, 3 August 2013).
The ‘Rocket Man’ singer was forced to pull out of a series of shows earlier this summer, including a headline show at Hyde Park, when he was diagnosed with appendicitis, but he hopes to return to the stage soon.
He had his surgery at Monaco’s Princess Grace Hospital on Thursday (August 1) and is understood to be recuperating at home in Nice, France.
The Mirror reports the father of two as telling friends: “I feel great.”
The piano star’s first public appearance after the operation at the start of September when he accepts his BRITs Icon Award.
He will then open the First Direct Arena in Leeds two days later on September 4.
It was revealed last month that Elton could’ve died at any point while struggling through his European tour unaware of his condition.
Sir Elton hopes to be back on stage for Bestival
“I was a ticking time bomb,” he told The Sun.
“I guess I could have died at any time. I feel so lucky and grateful to be alive.”
Below: The richest stars in music: Mick Jagger, Elton John and more