Disappointed festival attendees at this year's Bloc Festival may not receive the refund originally promised by organisers, as the company behind the festival has gone into administration.
The East London event was closed in the early hours of Saturday morning (7 July, 2012) due to overcrowding at the Pleasure Gardens venue. Organisers posted a statement on their website today announcing the company had entered administration.
"It is with great sadness that we announce Baselogic Productions (who you all know as Bloc) has been placed into administration following the events of Friday evening," said the statement. "The team are working hard with the administrators to investigate the issues that led to the closure of the event and people will be updated as and when we have new information.
"We ask that you allow the administrators time to conduct a thorough investigation so we can establish the facts."
The organisers had previously promised refunds to all ticketholders, but administration company Parker Andrews are now investigating whether funds are accessible to repay festival goers.
"It is important that we understand the full facts including what funds will be available to creditors and ticketholders and to ensure the information we provide about the next stages of administration is clear and concise," said Jamie Playford of the insolvency practitioners.
For full details of what happened at Bloc Festival 2012, read our interview with an attendee of the cancelled event.
Below: Bloc and more 2012 festivals that have been cancelled