Pink Floyd's David Gilmour has denied rumours that the band will not be reforming for the London Olympics opening ceremony.
The London Evening Standard reported yesterday (January 3) that the band were set to reform for the first time since their appearance at Live8 in 2005.
A source told the paper: "It's long been made clear it would take something very special to get Pink Floyd back together again and it doesn't get any bigger than the Olympics...It's hoped everything can be confirmed in the coming weeks."
Gilmour's representative ha snow said: "David Gilmour can confirm that there is no truth in recent media speculation about Pink Floyd re-uniting to perform for the 2012 London Olympics."
Sir Paul McCartney recently hinted that he will perform at next year's Olympics in London.
The former Beatle is one of a host of big names who have been linked to performing at the Opening Ceremony next July, but has so far remained quiet over the rumours.