The future of this weekend's Ignition Festival is unclear amid confusion over whether or not it has been cancelled.
The event is due to take place at Newcastle Racecourse on Saturday and Sunday (August 6-7), featuring performances from the likes of Calvin Harris and Feeder.
But on their Facebook page last night (August 3), the racecourse said the team behind Ignition Festival had cancelled the event.
“The Ignition Festival has been cancelled by its organisers Ignition Festival Ltd,” the statement said, adding: “Ignition festival didn't fulfil their contractual arrangements regarding site safety therefore the event is unable to go ahead”.
Ignition Festival Ltd. then denied that the festival had been cancelled on their own Facebook page.
In a new message this morning, they said: “At this moment in time we will be making no statement regarding our relationship with Newcastle racecourse, however an official statement will be issued very soon.”
They also posted an audio snippet of Ashley Spence, Director of Ignition Festival, speaking to Metro Radio to assure ticket-holders that the festival was set to go ahead.
“All major artists are still 100% committed to the festival. We as a team are doing everything we possibly can to put this event on.”
Meanwhile, artists performing at the festival also appear unclear over it's status.
On Twitter, Calvin Harris wrote: “Not sure what's going on with Ignition festival this weekend Newcastle, when I find out I'll let you know...”
Ignition Festival's official website is currently down for “maintenance”.
Stay tuned to Gigwise for more on this story.