DJ AM Died Of Accidental Cocaine and Prescription Drugs Overdose | Gigwise

LIKE GIGWISE ON FACEBOOK TO GET THE HOTTEST NEWS FIRST!


Enjoy bonus videos, photos and posts and have your say on the the latest music!

Not convinced? Check it out.

by Scott Colothan | Photos by WENN.com

DJ AM Died Of Accidental Cocaine and Prescription Drugs Overdose

The New York medical examiner rules...

 

DJ AM Died Of Accidental Cocaine and Prescription Drugs Overdose

Photo: WENN.com

DJ AM's death was caused by an accidental drugs overdose, the New York medical examiner ruled yesterday (September 29).

The 36-year-old star – real name Adam Goldstein – had a cocktail of cocaine and prescription drugs in his system when he died at his New York apartment on August 28.

Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the New York medical examiner, said: "The cause of death was accidental drug overdose due to the combined effects of cocaine, Vicodin, oxycodone, Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and levamisole.”

Goldstein was one of the most famous mash-up DJs of recent years and was also known for having a number of high profile relationships with stars such as Nicole Richie.

More recently he formed a live at with close friend Blink-182's Travis Barker - TRV$DJAM – who both survived a plane crash at South Carolina in 2008.

Comments
comments powered by Disqus

Artist A-Z #  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

Most Popular on Gigwise
Hot Tickets
Latest news on Gigwise
Latest Competition