After an anonymous law enforcement official revealed to the media the cause of Prince’s death, the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office has released a PDF of his autopsy results.
The singer died suddenly back in April at the age of 57, having been found dead in an elevator in his Paisley Park home.
Yesterday, it was revealed via Associated Press that his death was due to an opioid overdose. Now, in a newly released document, it has emerged that said opiate was Fentanyl - a powerful synthetic opiate which is similar to, but much more potent than, morphine.
His death has been ruled an accident, and no other side causes were listed. The certificate also confirms that his body was cremated in Minnesota.